Connecting to the world around you
I noticed not much has been said on this forum about EVE. If you haven't read about it elsewhere or got one of Miles' or Matt's communications, here is a short summary:
EVE is a serious attempt to allow you to really control all the things around you, easily, wirelessly, and from anywhere.
- EVE Alpha is a Raspberry-Pi add-on board with multiple wireless support.
- EVE Alpha is an open hardware design, coupled with open source software.
- EVE Alpha has the potential to become a universal automation hub and much more.
- EVE Alpha is a Kickstarter project, well on its way to achieving its funding target: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ciseco/eve-alpha-raspberry-pi-wireless-development-hardwa
- Best of all, EVE Alpha is made in Britain!
To make our ambitious dreams come true, we need some help to spread the word and reach project sponsors as well as software developers (Z-Wave and Enocean radio interfaces, as well as web and mobile app developers).
Our plan is for EVE to be an open hardware design, coupled with open source software. It will allow all of us to create real solutions that include readily available components and products based on a variety of standards (Zigbee, Z-Wave, EnOcean, OpenKontrol and others). That, we believe, will really drive adoption of the Internet of Things.
Please login first in order for you to submit comments